Happy Wednesday. I can’t believe it is finally the middle of the week. I feel like this week has gone by soooooo slooowwwwwww. Maybe that is because I can not contain my excitment to get to see P on Friday!
Before I show you my recent eats, I wanted to update you on how everything with My Plan of Action is going. I also told you guys I am also doing the #eatcleansweatdirty challenge because I felt like it went along super well with the plan I set for myself.
Looking back at the goals I set for myself:
1. Clean Eating. Check! If ya follow me on instagram (@lovemintchipamp) you get a pretty good idea of what I eat on a daily basis. I have definitely been leaving my fair share of room for other eats, but have been a lot more conscious about what I am putting into my mouth.
2. Move more. I did much better with this than I thought. Like I said, my goal was only to do an additional 1-2 miles (plus my workout) 3-4 times a week. I actually now look forward to my little extra walk/ jog. Some mornings I wake up and I am just not in the mood to workout and a walk makes me feel so good and I just save the rest for the afternoon. Oh and… walking around while shopping counts 🙂
3. Workout at least 5 days a week. I knew I would be fine with this because I do this on a normal basis. I am still sticking with my low intensity mixed with high intensity workouts and for now I think it is fine, but I think I am going to/ need to kick it up a little in this department.
4. Get enough sleep. UGH. No. Fail. I have not been sleeping well at all which is super not like me. I hope it gets better soon!
5. Drink enough water. Yep! This has pretty much stayed the same as always, I just made more of an effort to make sure I was drinking enough!
6. Do things everyday that make me happy and make me feel good. I have had a really fun past two weeks. Seeing my family in Chicago, 4th of July, spending time with new friends, etc. It has been great!
7. Eat well during the week so I can fully enjoy myself on the weekends. You see friends, the week is not my problem. I eat like a clean machine on the weekdays. The weekends get me!! I do not want to put too much emphasis/ pressure on myself to eat clean on the weekends, but I think I enjoy myself maybe a little too much. I ate my way through Chicago and I do not regret a second of that. My friends and I have gone to some great places in DC and I always get a meal that is pretty healthy and delicious. Since I genuinely like the healthier option on the menu better, eating out is not really my problem. What gets me is the weekend snacking. Someone, anyone, tell me you get crazy hungry during the weekend?!!!!??? I am just going to take it one weekend day at a time and see how it goes.
8. Have a desert every day. Do I need to offer you guys an explanation? You know I have far surpassed this goal.
9. Do what I know I need to. Besides the weekend extra snackage, I have been doing what I know I need to do, I am just not feeling all that much better.
10. Listen to my body. Yep! I have been crazy hungry (like way hungrier than usual lately) so I have just been trying to fill up on a lot of lean protein, fruit and veggies. I am not going to starve myself, so I have been trying to listen to my body but make sure I am not filling it with junk!
Okay so… how am I feeling overall? A little better. I honestly do not know why I am not feeling 100% better because I have been doing really well. I am going to attribute it to all my yummy eats in Chicago along with 4th of July + weekend festivities.
What now? I am kicking this thing into high gear. I am sick of feeling gross and I shouldn’t be feeling this way… so I am really going to step it up! I know I am going to visit P this weekend which will entail yummy meals and some desserts but this entire week is clean, clean, clean for Anne. Period.
I will give you another update in 2-3 more weeks but for now you can follow my multiple instagram pics for my eatssss! I am doing this dang thing until I FEEL BETTER.
Preworkout- smidge of PB + AB + strawberry jelly toast with chia seeds
Postworkout- Green Smoothie (Chobani greek yogurt + spinach + strawberries + 1/2 banana)
Turkey wrap (My favorite TJ’s whole wheat wrap + slice of turkey + 1/4 avacado + spinach + broccoli slaw + 1/2 laughing cow swiss wedge + hummus + tomato slices), a handful of pop chips, ,some sliced strawberries and a baby amazeball.
(Sorry this picture looks so, so, so wrong haha)
2 baby amazeballs + 1/2 banana
Grizzly was about to come out. I was STARVING when I left work and it was just not cute. I had to go get P a few snacks and while I was leaving the store, I tore into a banana and had a handful of mixed nuts on my way to the gym for yoga.
Salmon + roasted sweet potato, brussle sprouts and broccoli slaw. This was a great combination and I was so full afterwards ( a good full).
I honestly was not very hungry (bizarre…) so I just had a few sauteed shrimp + zuchinni + squash + broccoli slaw.
It is what I like to call my Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry “Noodles”. But the broccoli slaw is your pseudo noodles. Literally this is the easiest thing to make. Just saute everything all together, sprinkle with salt and pepper, pour in soy sauce, mix, done! This is a great little light summer dinner.
Monday and Tuesday:
I am really trying to keep my desserts in check. Like I said, I am not going to give these up. Ever. But I CAN make them better. Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Jello ALWAYS gets rid of my intense chocolate sweet tooth. They are the perfect size!
Since Fitness is included in WIAW this month I will tell ya what I did! Nothing fancy or exciting but…..
Monday: 3 mile treadmill intervals +a quick Upper Body SuperSet Workout from Courtney
Tuesday: Walked my 1 mile before work in the morning + 1 .15 miles of speed walking before yoga in the evening + 60 min Vinyasa yoga class
Thanks for listen to me ramble, as always! Have a fabulous Wednesday and I will see you guys later this week 🙂 I have a fun post coming up on Friday so stay tuned!!