How are you guys?! I hope everyone had a MARVELOUS Monday 😉
Yesterday when I left you there was still some things I wanted to share… but the length of my post was getting a bit out of control!
Have you forgotten that a major part of this blog is about nutrition and fitness?! Haha I sure have… not that I am complaining… there has just been too many other exciting things going on. However, that is NOT to say that I have not been focusing on my workouts and clean eats, I definitely have, but I have just had other things going on that I wanted to share.
I kinda want to start doing a little weekly set up of what my week will look like. I may not post about it every week but I think by sharing what I hope to accomplish that week with you guys… it will keep me on track.
- Eat clean and fit in exercise when possible but enjoy myself and the time I had with my grandparents! Goal accomplished! I started eat day with a healthy breakfast and exercise and then enjoyed myself but I never felt like I went overboard.
- Be in bed by 10. Asleep by 10:30. Done and done. This really is no problem for me seeing as how by the time 8 pm hits… all I want to do is lie in bed and read or watch Netflix. I know I suck but whatevvverrr.
This week my goals are:
- Eat clean, eat clean, eat clean and get in at least 5 really good workouts.
- Foam roll and stretch more. This may seem like a silly goal to you BUT my muscles are so stinking sore and they are really missing my Bikram yoga… I think my foam rolling and stretching more this will really help!
How am I going to accomplish these little goals?!!
1. Meal Prep.
On Sunday I did some serious meal prepping for the week. Since I am leaving DC on FRIDAY (Can you believe how fast the summer has gone by?)… I really needed to get rid of a few things in my freezer/ fridge.
A few weeks ago, I saw this recipe “Kitchen Stash Supper” from Iowa Girl Eats. I love every single recipe she posts and this one I especially could not forget because it was about making dinner with stuff you already have. I started with making a big pot of whole wheat penne pasta and basically followed her entire recipe step by step. For the 2 tbsp of flour I used whole wheat flour, and for the cheese I used 2.5 Laughing Cow swiss wedges. Look how creamy the pasta turned out.
I think I will have plenty to eat throughout the week. I used every veggie I had in the fridge AKA I cooked up an unbelievable amount of vegetables to much on for the week!
I really like to make one fun little snack for the week and lately it has been amazeballs but yesterday I decided to make some of Katie’s Mini Chocolate Chip Love Bites. For the fruit (since I am not a huge fan of rasberries) I used 3 tbsp of blueberries.
These are really, really good and a perfect after dinner snack. Last night I had 2 (microwaved for 20 seconds) and topped each with a smidge of almond butter. Oh my.
2. Planning my workouts.
Finally I feel like I am getting back into a fitness routine! If you have been reading for a while, you know that it has been kinda off the whole summer because it was clear my body needed some serious rest. I love the bootcamp! It is very realistic and manageable but it is pushing me pretty hard.
Instead of planning out a routine for each day I am just going to set out the workouts that I hope to accomplish based of of the Best Body Bootcamp plan and will do what I am feeling like on that particular day. If I do not get to everything… oh well! Haha
- 20 min 60/60 HIIT (sprint for 60, jog for 60)–> already done! Ended up doing about 40 min of HIIT Monday
- 2 x 20-30 min steady state cardio (power walking, jog, elliptical, whatever)
- Long walk (because these are my favorite and make me happy)
- 1-2 x 45 min intervals
- Workout A (upper body)
- 2-3 x Core
- Workout B (lower body)
- Yoga (class or DVD)
- Workout C (full body)
- At least one day of total rest and if I feel like I need more, I will take 2 rest days!!
3. Listen to my body. First and most important priority. My #1 overall goal when I was starting the bootcamp was to listen to my body which is exactly what I have been doing. The last thing I want to do is go into another over-trained phase. No thank you!!
4. Have fun and enjoy life!! This is something I have to remind myself of on a daily basis. Per my very type A personality, I tend to get fixated on one thing and get completely undone if my routine is thrown off (my best friends are like… uh, YEAH). This is something I am really trying to work on!
I think that is about it… I like sharing my weekly set up with you!!
Questions: Tell me what you think about setting up your week?! Would you like to see more of these posts from me? Do you have a set up for this week?!!